Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (“Fox” or the “Applicant”) is proposing the Fox Studios Master Plan to guide the future development of the existing Fox Studios multimedia entertainment campus located in the Century City district of the City of Los Angeles (the “Proposed Project”). The Fox Studios Master Plan (also referred to as the “Master Plan”) lays the groundwork for the next 20 years of growth that is anticipated to occur on the Fox Studios site (the “Project Site”). As of 2015, total on-site development totaled 1,798,504 square feet (Existing Studio Uses). The Fox Studios Master Plan has been designed to accommodate Fox’s forecasted increase in on-site employment. To accommodate projected employment growth, Fox is proposing to amend the Century City South Specific Plan to permit approximately 1.1 million square feet of net new development within the Project Site. It is anticipated that up to a total of approximately 353,400 square feet of existing buildings would be demolished. Total on-site building area at build-out of the Project would total 2,897,804 square feet. The Applicant has identified six Development Areas within the Project Site, one of which would be developed with only parking facilities. Proposed on-site development would include a mix of new (1) Creative Office Space; (2) Specialty Space; (3) Stage Space; (4) Facility Support Space; and (5) Utility Support Space. The Project would include proposed Height Zones for new development and minimum building setbacks. The Project also includes improvements with regard to vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian access; parking; streetscaping and landscaping; signage; and lighting.
Issues & Rationale
- Exceeding Specific Plan Trip Caps
- Exceeding Specific Plan studio area limits
- Opposing Specific Plan Amendment
- Inconsistency with the Community Plan.
- Inconsistency with the General Plan.
- Inadequate infrastructure with regard to at least police, fire, streets.
- The project will impact the West L.A. area and specifically the area immediately west of Century City(Century City West).
- The specific plan caps were put in place to limit traffic impacts.
- The Century City West area will have years of construction, a loss of privacy and a loss of air space.
- Coalition members are severely impacted by traffic.