The 10757 – 10759 Wilkins Project proposes to construct a new five-story, 10-unit apartment complex at 10757-10759 West Wilkins Avenue (the “Project”) in the City’s Westwood neighborhood. The Project entails the demolition of an existing three-unit apartment building and garage on the site and construction of a new, 55-feet tall, 16,803 square feet multi-family apartment building with one level of subterranean parking containing 21 parking stalls. Of the Project’s 10 total residential units, two units would be reserved for Very Low Income households.
The three existing units are RSO (Rent Stabilized) units.
Issues & Rationale
- Replacement of rent stabilized units in TOC and other density bonus projects.
- Avoidance of Specific Plan requirements by the TOC Guidelines.The Westwood Specific Plan should not be overridden by TOC Guidelines.
- The city has been allowing TOC projects to receive a density bonus even though there is a net loss of affordable units.
- The city has been allowing using the TOC Guidelines to override Specific Plans.
- The TOC Guidelines were never adopted by ordinance.